Welcome to all our alumni, friends, and visitors. The Saint Louis Priory Alumni board exists to manage the affairs of the Alumni community, which in turn preserves and fosters the Benedictine spirit of the Christian community. The Alumni, guided by the Board, help further the interests of the Saint Louis Priory School and Saint Louis Abbey consistent with the mission statement: "to provide, in a Benedictine setting, a Catholic college preparatory education of the highest excellence, which helps talented and motivated young men develop their full human potential as children of God."
The Monastery and School were founded in 1955 by the monks of the Benedictine Ampleforth Abbey of York, England. The Priory received independence from Ampleforth in 1973, and was raised to the status of Abbey in 1989. In traditional English fashion, a compromise was reached and the monastery was named The Abbey of Saint Mary and Saint Louis while the School remained Saint Louis Priory School.